Alliance Corporate Secretaries Limited (ACSL)
Alliance Corporate Secretaries Limited (ACSL) undertakes the Firm’s Company Secretarial Services.
ACSL was registered as a limited liability company at the Corporate Affairs Commission (“CAC”) in 2012. ACSL advises on matters relating to business establishment in Nigeria and undertakes the incorporation of companies at the CAC. ACSL also assists start-ups and old companies with foreign equity participation in their capital structure and obtaining foreign investment approvals, which such companies are statutorily required to obtain. These include registration with the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission and obtaining business permit. ACSL currently provides a full range of company secretarial services to over 50 public and private companies operating within key sectors of the Nigerian economy including financial services, oil and gas, engineering services, real estate and property development, media and entertainment, power and energy, telecommunication, manufacturing, hospitality, capital markets, information technology and logistics. More specifically, the services provided by ACSL include the following:
- Preparing and circulating notices of company/board meetings and minutes and resolutions in relation thereto;
- Attending company/board meetings and preparing minutes;
- Maintenance of statutory registers, minute books and keeping corporate seals;
- Filing annual returns and other returns required to effect changes in a company’s statutory records at the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- Advising on compliance requirements by companies with applicable rules and regulations regulating their sector(s) i.e. corporate governance obligations and the requirements of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, the Nigerian Stock Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission, where relevant and applicable.
The Firm, through ACSL actively participates in corporate advisory work including conducting legal, due diligence investigations and remediation on behalf of companies and providing such other company secretarial and board support services as may be required by the Company.