Shipping, Maritime Legal Advisory Practice Group
This practice area focuses on providing legal advisory services relating to and concerning shipping and clearing, and forwarding agents, charterers, cargo interests including commodity traders and cargo insurers, hull and liability insurers, shipyards, necessaries men and port operators. We advise and assist or clients on all aspects of maritime law, including but not limited to enforcement of judgments and awards; enforcement of mortgages and other securities, registering ships; the eligibility of Nigerian-owned ships and the licensing and temporary registration of foreign-owned ships in the Special Register for Vessels and Ship Owning Companies engaged in Cabotage trade; procuring and renewing Ministerial waivers and licences for foreign-owned ships for cabotage trade in Nigeria and advising on compliance with the Cabotage Act, 2003, NIMASA Act, 2007 and other laws dealing with coastal and inland shipping in Nigeria, covering all areas of admiralty jurisdiction and practice.
- Advising a shipping company on a USD $30 Million Vessel financing transaction with an international oil trader;
- Advised an indigenous dredging Company and a multinational oil corporation for Dredging Works in the Niger Delta (Capital and Maintenance Dredging);
- Advised a consortium of indigenousdredging companies for sand Dredging aspect of the Dualization of the East west Road section II (Kiama – Port-Harcourt) project for the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs;
- Legal advisory services and drafting of the Land Lease Agreement between Geo Synergy Group West Africa Limited and B&Q Dredging Limited;
- Advised BlueBay Capital Limited and B&Q Dredging Limited for Dredging Works for the Capital Development of IkateElegushi Ancient City, Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State;
- Advised Julius Berger Nigeria Limited and B&Q Dredging and Marine Services Limited for dredging works for Second River Niger Bridge Construction;
- Advised White Dove Shipping Company Limited and Maritime Security and Logistics Solutions Limited for Patrol Boat Hire for OML 42 Operations on the STS/Export Operations in Escravos Offshore Area;
- Advising L&EE Construction Limited and B&Q Dredging limited Partnership Agreement for Dredge and Sand Filling Project;
- Advised and assisted in negotiation and preparing the contract betweenOro-Ogbuji Family Nkpolu-OroworukwoRebisi (AKA Eagle Island) Port-Harcourt, Rivers State and B&Q Dredging Limited for sand dredging;
- Advised, negotiated and prepared Sand Dredging agreement between HMG Nigeria Limited and a dredging company for the Bayelsa State Government;
- Advised on the Sales and Purchase Agreement for the sale and supply of dredged sand between a dredging entity and C.C. Ossy Industry Nigeria Limited;
- Advised on the Sales and Purchase agreement for the sale and supply of dredged sand between B&Q Dredging Limited and WOW Project Services Limited;
- Prepared Subcontract between Energy Works Technology Limited and a dredging operator for dredging of Aboturu Creek for load out operations of OLT Piles by ocean-going barge/vessel;
- Advised on the Subcontract between Nestoil Limited and B&Q Dredging Limited for provision of dredging services (Swamp Spread Creek/River Crossing) for K2S Pipeline Construction project.
- Representing an indigenous maritime and dredging company on its compliance issues with National Inland Water Authority and Ministry of Mines;
- Procurement of permits and licenses for maritime and dredging services companies.
- Advised and supported a Dredging Company involved in the 2nd Niger project in residing issues and demands of host communities.;
- Advised on negotiations with land owners and property owners for accommodation of dredging staff;
- Rendered security services negotiations and agreements for provision of security services for equipments and personnel of dredging operations.