Tax and Transfer Pricing Practice
Alliance Law Firm is a commercial law firm with a strong foundation in tax advisory and litigation services that are insightful, creative and designed to protect each client’s business interests. We understand that the current trend of global transparency and exchange of information amongst tax authorities in the world require that successful businesses do seek out the assistance of well-informed tax advisers who understand their businesses and ready to provide responsive and pragmatic advice that will meet their needs and at the same time comply with tax laws. Our tax lawyers are renowned for precise, commercially informed advice on all areas of Nigerian tax regime and the income and international tax regimes of OECD member states. Our team ensures that the needs of our clients are met; and the provisions of relevant tax laws complied with.
Our clients benefit from a comprehensive suite of services involving domestic and international/cross-border tax advisory, tax planning, transfer pricing, structured finance, corporate restructuring and reorganization, investment funds, real estate, power, oil and gas, mining, insurance, aviation and other commercial transactions.
Also, we are frequently engaged to represent our clients in discussions and negotiations with both Federal and State tax authorities – with whom we maintain and sustain a cordial and friendly relationship. We work with our clients to provide efficient, commercial and solution-based advice. Our expertise and relationship with government enable us to work seamlessly with Federal Inland Revenue Service and different States’ Internal Revenue Service. When settlement of a tax dispute fails at the level of an appropriate tax authority, our dedicated tax litigators take up the matter to protect the interests of our clients.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS & MAJOR TRANSACTIONS:
- Represented a Client at the Tax Appeal Tribunal Enugu in respect of a N400M Tax liability claim by the FIRS;
- Represented an indigenous E & P Company in respect of its tax liabilities claim on PPTA from the FIRS;
- Provided Tax advisory guidance in respect of a Directional Drilling/ Measurement While Drilling/ Logging While Drilling SERVICES Contract;
- Provided Legal/Tax opinion in a $640M financing transaction to an E & P Company;
- Provided tax advisory services in respect of engineering, procurement and construction contract for the construction of export pipeline from kolo creek gas to soku gas plant project
- Advised Neconde Energy Limited on tax-saving options available to it in the US$470 million upsized to US$720 million secured reserve-based lending from a syndicate of foreign and local Banks.
- Advised Neconde in a US$640 Million corporate loan transaction on diverse strategies and impacts of corporate tax avoidance on the price and non-price terms of its loans.